From time to time in this space, Balboa Press publishes articles written by our authors in which they share some aspect of their self-publishing journeys. These are the words of Stephanie Van De Ven, author of “The Birdy Book Series”. For more info on Stephanie or her book, check out her website, Facebook and Twitter. Download the Balboa Press free publishing guide to receive more information on self-publishing your book with Balboa Press.
If you missed part 1 of of Sensory Searching vs Spiritual Searching, click here.
I want to commend you on reading this, and if you’re nodding in agreement with the below information, it means you are ready to really search out what your soul needs and make a shift. Sometimes it just takes a little pivot to change your view. And sometimes that’s all you need.
Here are some things to consider when you decide to shift (if you haven’t already)
- Be patient with yourself. This is a process. An architect doesn’t design in one day. Your journey can’t be complete in one day either.
- Understand YOU. What makes you sad, what makes you happy? Align with what makes you happy. Which also doesn’t mean stomping on people or things that don’t – but it means putting yourself in situations where you FEEL happy. Regardless of the situation.
- Toxicity. Are there toxic people or energy suckers in your life? The more you grow vibrationally, the more positive vibrations you will attract. The energy suckers will suck somewhere else!
- Fulfil your dreams and desires. Do you love art or music? Do you love sports? Love it. Do it. If it’s your passion, enjoy it. If it’s something you want to make a career out of – try it!
- Don’t live a life of “what-if’s”! Living in fear is no fun. Instead- live in joy. Be brave. Leap! You can do it!
- Beckon the cheerleaders in your life. Let them know what you are doing! The more people you have on your side who genuinely care for you – the easier it will be to accomplish goals, shifting, and more!
- Join groups like on meetup.com or Facebook support groups. Be connected. Go meet people who have the same vibrations as you! Energetically align yourself with your tribe. Who is your tribe? Find out, and stick with them.
You know, sometimes reading articles about “what you should do” can be great. You learn something, and you retain some new and useful information to apply in your life. But—do you read articles and blogs, close the magazine or laptop and take no –action? I admit it. I do. I love reading, I love being inspired. But then what? How do I actually take the next step?
Here’s where you have some self-reflecting to do. I would like to encourage you to write down your action plan on how you are going to start going within. What action items are you going to take to replace sensory searching with spiritual shifting? Create five (5) action items. Give yourself a due date. Tell a friend you’re doing it. Make yourself accountable. Write down how you feel. Explore your soul. It will be the best shift you’ve ever had!
Steph Van De Ven currently runs her own PR & Marketing business & is also a Children’s Book Author of The Birdy Books with Balboa Press, which focuses primarily on positive poetry, mindfulness, kindness, affirmations, and consciousness for kids. Her passion is writing and her mentors include Dr. Wayne Dyer as well as her favorite uncle in Amsterdam who introduced her to the world of spirit very early in her life. She’s intuitive, meditates as often as possible, loves yoga & you can find her online at: www.thebirdybooks.com and follow her on Instagram: @Steph_vandeven_author.
Balboa Press authors who’d like to share a 350-600 word experience related to the self-publishing of their books, are invited to do so by sending a message through our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BalboaPress, by tweeting us @BalboaPress, or by emailing blog@ balboapress.com. We may not be able to use every story, but we will read and consider them. Balboa Press reserves the right to edit stories for content, grammar and punctuation accuracy; as well as for space.